Among the several printer machines that are available, Epson is one of the best. Even though Epson printers are good, however, you can encounter many kinds of error on it. Some of the common problems that you might face while using this device are paper jams and driver issues. There are some other issues also like print queue fully loaded, power cable issue, poor quality print, ink cartridge glitch, etc. This article is going to present you with the common Epson printer problems and solutions. The immediate section that follows after this one will give the answers to all the common problems that you can face on an Epson printer. So, if you are an Epson printer user, you can refer to this article as a complete guide to resolve the common Epson printer issues.
Common Epson Printer Problems and their Solutions
This is the section of the article that will provide with simple, elaborate points and guidance to the common Epson printer problems and solutions.
Points to Clear Paper Jam on Epson Printer
This is the method that will give you all the steps that can help to eliminate any paper jam issue on your Epson printer. For that, you are needed to follow each and every step below, accordingly.
- First, if some print jobs are present in the queue, then cancel those before you begin on the PC.
- Now, shut down the printer and open the front lid to look into the internals. If any paper got jammed on the roller, then gently pull it out.
- After that, close the lid and press on the ‘Power’ button to start the device. Then, tap on the button ‘Start’ and try to print the document.
- If the paper jam error recurs, then switch off the printer
- Next, look at the input and output tray of the printer. Once you have located the paper that got stuck within any one of those trays, take out the crumpled paper.
- After that, do a total scan of the printer for any paper jams and torn pieces of paper. If you find anything, then just remove them.
- Once everything is over, switch on the printer.
- Finally, keep the new set of papers on the input tray very gently, and then attempt to print a document of your choice and check if this problem comes back or not.
Inspection of Power Cable
Sometimes the power cable of the printer gives you many kinds of problems. So, here in this method, you will get the solutions to easily correct this problem. In order to do it, follow the steps beneath.
- First, carefully inspect the power cable of your printer and see if there is any kind of damages on it. If there is any sort of puncture, then, do not plug it in the device. Replace the cable first and then switch the printer on.
- If you see that there is no damage on the cable and still the device is not working, the first thing you need to do is to check the ‘Power’ button on the printer to see if you can press it fully or not. If not, then replace the button. Otherwise, the LED light has a problem, so change that.
- Sometimes, if everything seems fine within the printer and still you cannot power it on, then the wall socket is at fault. Thus, try to connect the device on another socket and see if the printer works or not.
- Even when you try to connect the printer via the surge protector, this problem can crop up. In order to correctly use the device, plug it on the main wall socket.
Epson Printer Driver Problem
A printer driver is a software that helps to make a communication between the printer and computer. Now, there is a driver for the Epson printer also. If the driver is corrupt or has not been updated recently, then there will be many kinds of problems, for example, a disruption in communication between the Epson device and PC. In order to correct this glitch, the only solution is to update the driver of the printer. To do that, follow the steps beneath.
- First, tap on the ‘Cortana Logo’ to open the search box. Within that box, type ‘control panel’ and then hit the ‘Enter’ key. Now, from the result of this search, locate the option ‘Control Panel’.
- Then, right-click on that option, and next, choose the sub-option ‘Run as administrator’ from the list. This will launch a new window called ‘Control Panel’.
- On this window, navigate and select the category ‘Hardware and Sound’. Now, on the window that comes up, go to the option ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Under that option, locate and choose the link ‘Device Manager’. A new window will open up.
- Within the new window, all the devices that are installed on the computer will be in a list. So, from that list, find the device ‘Print queues’ and click it to expand.
- Now, from the expanded list, choose the Epson driver and right-click on it. Next, select the option ‘Update driver software…’ from the popup option list.
- Once again a new window will show up. On it, there will be two links: ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and ‘Browse my computer for driver software’. Out of the two, select the first one.
- Once you do that, the Windows Operating System will look for any updates within the internet. If an update is available for the printer, then that will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- After the installation is complete, to save any changes, restart the computer. After the next boot, try to print something on the printer and see if you are still getting this error or not.
Unclog Printhead in Epson Printer
If the printhead has some dust, debris or clogged with dry ink, then the easiest solution is to clean it with a lint-free cloth or paper towel. To perform the cleaning process, follow the instructions below.
- First, switch off the printer and unplug the power cable from the wall socket.
- Now, pull the cover on the upper side of the device towards you and open it. Next, you will see all the internal components of the printer.
- Locate the printhead, then take a lint-free cloth and gently wipe it over the printhead. Do it for at least five minutes.
- After that, take a damp lint-free cloth and clean the printhead with it until you see any dirt or ink gets collected on it. For around five minutes perform this process.
- Then, once again take the damp lint-free cloth and repeat the above process for another five minutes. At last, use a dry lint-free cloth and wipe the printhead clean.
- Once the cleaning process is over, close the top cover and turn the printer on.
- Lastly, try to print many documents and look at the quality of the print that comes out of the device. If it does the job then, all well and good. But, if it does not, repeat the cleaning process and then check whether the printout is good or not.
Delete the Print Queue of Epson Printer
When a document is stuck in the print queue due to some glitch, then the other print jobs cannot perform one after another. Therefore, the solution is to remove all the other jobs from the print queue. In order to that, follow the steps below.
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows’ logo present on the taskbar. After that, from the options menu that comes up, choose the ‘Run’ option. This will open a new dialog box called ‘Run’.
- When this dialog box comes up, just beside the label ‘Open:’, type the text “cmd” and then hit the button ‘OK’. This opens a new window ‘Command Prompt’.
- On this window, type the command “net stop spooler” and then hit the key ‘Enter’. This command basically stops the print queue service from being executed.
- Next, input the second command “del %windir%\system32\spool\printers\*.* /q” and then, to execute it click on the ‘Enter’ key. This command clears all the print jobs that are present within the print queue folder.
- Now, type in the final command “net start spooler” and press ‘Enter’ to execute. This is the command that initiates the print spooler service once again. Once it starts, this service can accept current print jobs.
- At last, quit the Command Prompt window and restart the computer.
Procedure to Replace the Ink Cartridge
When there is no or very less amount of ink present within the cartridge of the Epson printer, then you cannot print any document or while attempting to print something you will get an error. Therefore, to eradicate this issue, you must follow the steps below.
- First, switch off the printer and take out the power cable from the wall socket.
- Then, open the lid on the top of the printer to reveal all the internal parts of the device. Once you see those parts, locate the section that has the ink cartridges.
- Next, plug in the printer and switch it on. After that, go to the control panel and press the ‘Stop’ button on the extreme right side.
- Now, see the cartridges that are low or empty one after another. Press on both the sides of the cartridge and pull them out in order to remove.
- After that, open the new cartridges from their packaging and shake them gently for four to five times. Do not spill the ink while you shake the cartridge.
- Now, locate a yellow strip on the side of each cartridge and remove it from them.
- Next, insert the new cartridge into the slot and properly place it until you hear a ‘click’ sound.
- Repeat the previous steps for all cartridges that you replace. Then, close the front lid of the printer.
- After that, hit the button ‘Stop’ on the control panel to initiate the charging procedure of the ink. This may take two to three minutes to complete. While this process goes on, the LED light on the ‘Power’ button flashes.
- Once the flashing light stops and becomes static, it means the replacement of the new cartridge is over.
The above methods provide you with Epson printer problems and solutions. If you follow all the steps on each and every method, then any problems related to the Epson printer can be rectified. If even after following those steps you still cannot correct the issues on your device, then do not worry. Just, provide the query you have encountered on the comment section below this post.