Epson is one of the marvelous printing devices especially known for its unusual features and superior quality printings. This electronic device is designed in such a wonderful way that is sufficient to grabs users’ attention. However, none of the electronic devices are error-free and so the Epson printers are. There might be several issues or errors stuck on this device after a time which is fairly common among every user. Amongst all of its issues, Epson printer not printing issue is one of the complex ones. This issue generally occurs due to a number of reasons. Sometimes there might be hardware faults or the software issues which are the only suspect for this issue.
So, if you are one of those unlucky persons and in want of a permanent solution to eliminate this issue, then this article will surely help you out in every possible way. In this content, we will explore all the probable causes and efficient solutions to fix this issue in no time and your printer device back as earlier.
Probable Causes for Why Epson Printer Not Printing?
If the Epson printer not printing black or if it is not printing at all, then there might be several reasons behind this issue. If the printer is not connected well or you have not set your printer device as a default printer, then it will result in not printing issue. Sometimes, the spooler service or the printer’s printer job can also cause this issue. An outdated driver or corrupted drivers might also result in Epson printer not printing issue. However, you can easily troubleshoot this issue by implementing some of the efficient methods that we will explore in the next segment.
Methods to Fix Epson Printer Not Printing Issue:
We have prepared a list of all the effective methods in order to eliminate Epson printer not printing issue. You can go through either one of these methods or all the methods until you get the problem solved.
Method 1: Verify your Epson Printer’s Connectivity
Checking the printer’s connection is the initial method to eliminate the not-printing issue on your Epson printer. If the connections are set in an improper way, then it will result in not printing issue. Go through the steps below to check all the connections of your Epson printer.
- At first, check all the cable connections of your printer if they are properly connected into the device. If it is not connected well, reconnect all the cables properly and connect the device directly to the computer without using a hub.
- Reconnect the printer into another USB port or with a different cord to verify whether it works for you.
- Check your Network connection as well as Network devices and if it is not connected properly, reconnect all the elements properly.
- Check the Network cable and check the Home network properly.
After checking all the wire and wireless connections, restart the device and see if the issue is resolved. If still, the printer is not printing, try another solution below.
Method 2: Set the Epson Printer Device as Default Printer
If your Epson printer is not set as a default printer device, then it will result in Epson printer not printing issue. Hence, you need to go through these steps below in order to set the device as the default printer.
- At first, turn on the computer and press the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard to open the Run Command.
- After the command field opens, type Control in the box and hit the Enter key. You might simply click on Ok to proceed next.
- Now, select the Large icons under the View by option and click on Devices and Printers.
- Once the window opens, locate the printing device that you want to set as the Default device. Right-click the Option and select the Set as Default Printer option.
After completing all those steps accurately, restart the device and check if the printer is printing normally as earlier. If still, the issue exists, try another solution below.
Method 3: Update the Epson Printer Driver to a Newer Version
Using an outdated version of the printer driver or if the driver goes corrupted, then it will result in Epson printer not printing issue. Hence, go through the steps below in order to update the driver.
- At first, turn on your computer and press the Windows button. Type Device Manager in the search panel.
- Select the first result from the list to begin the action and expand the category with the hardware you desire to update.
- Now, right-click on the printer driver that you want to update. Select the Update Driver option from the list.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software option and agree on the Browse title at the very bottom of the panel.
- Browse and select the main folder where you have extracted the application file earlier. Then, click on OK to proceed next.
- Mark the Include Subfolders to enable the Wizard. After that, click on the Next button to begin the Download process.
- When the download completes, it will automatically redirect you to the installation server page. Click on Extract and then on Next to continue the installation process.
- After that, tick the box to accept all the terms and conditions. Click on Next until the installation begins.
- At last, click on Finish when the driver installation completes for your Epson printer.
After completing all the steps accurately, restart your both the computer and printer and try printing again. If the issue still persists and the printer won’t print yet, try another solution below.
Method 4: Verify the Print Spooler Service on your Epson Printer
The print spooler service is an in-built feature that allows you to execute the print works and the interface among the computer and the printer. Sometimes the feature gets turned off due to several reasons which result in not printing issue on your printer. Hence, you need to check that spooler service and turn the feature on to resolve this issue. Go through the steps below to accomplish the task.
- Turn on your computer and press the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type “services.msc” in the command box and tap the Enter key. You might also click on the OK button to proceed next.
- When a new service window prompts on the screen, locate the Print Spooler service and double-click on that option.
- Set the Startup type as automatic from the list and its Service Status is Running. Then click on OK.
After completing those steps, close all the tabs and restart your computer. Further, check if the printer is printing normally. If still, the issue continues and the printer won’t print yet, try another solution below.
Method 5: Clear All the Print Jobs Using the Run Command
Sometimes the print queue gets stuck with the server which results is Epson printer not printing issue. Hence, you need to clear all the printing jobs to get back your printer in working state as earlier.
- Turn on your computer and press the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard to invoke Run box.
- Type “services.msc” in the command box. Then, tap on the Enter key or click the OK button to proceed next.
- Navigate to the Print Spooler service from the list and double-click on the option to open the action.
- After that, when a new window opens. Click on Stop and then click on OK.
- Minimize the Services window and open the File Explorer by pressing the Windows+E key on your keyboard.
- Copy and paste the following “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS” into the address bar. Tap the Enter key to go to that folder where the print jobs are stored.
- Select all the print jobs by pressing the Ctrl+A on your keyboard and right-click on the files.
- Select the Delete option from the list and restore the services window.
- Double-click the Print Spooler service and click on the Start button after when the service gets started.
- Now, click on OK to save the changes and close all the opened tabs and windows.
After completing all the above steps correctly, restart your computer and try printing via your Epson printer. If still, you are unable to settle this issue, try another solution below.
Method 6: Check the Hardware Status of Your Printer
If still, the Epson printer won’t print, then there might be some other hardware faults which are causing this error in your device. In that case, you should check all the hardware status of your printer to eliminate no printing job issue. Go through some efficient steps below that you need to check.
- Check to see the ink cartridge running out of ink or the toner on your Epson printer. If the ink cartridge goes empty, you need to replace it with a newer one.
- If you have recently replaced any of your printer’s part with a duplicate one, then you need to reinstall it with the original one. This is because the duplicate part might also result in several errors and glitches including the no printing issue.
After checking all the hardware issues, restart your device and try printing a few pages
This is one of such annoying situation when you have a lot of pages to print and suddenly you notice that your printer won’t print. We have shared all the possible methods to get your printer working back as earlier. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to make Epson printer print without black ink. In case, the Epson printer not printing or the above-mentioned didn’t work, then either you have done something wrong with those steps or there might be some other hardware issues with your device. In that case, it is advised to consult with an expert or service the printer to get back your printer as earlier.