Epson printer in an error state Windows 10, is one of the most common error which you can encounter with your printer. This error generally takes place after a Windows 10 update. If you have already faced this error, then let us help you. This article contains more than one methods, using which you will be able to troubleshoot this particular error hassle-free. But before focusing on the part of the solution, at first, let’s go to the part of the cause after which you will be able to walk through the part of the solution.
Causes for Epson printer in an error state Windows 10:
There is more than one cause due to which you are getting this error. For instance-
- Outdated version Of USB Drivers- If you are using an outdated version of your USB drivers, then sometimes your system fails to detect the USB device. As a result of which, you can encounter this error.
- Printer Spooler Service- Due to the spooler service of the printer, you can also encounter this error. In some cases, due to heavy printing tasks available in the printing queue, you can come across this error with your printer.
After knowing the causes, now, let’s focus on the solutions part.
Troubleshooting Methods for Epson printer in an error state Windows 10:
Here are some useful troubleshooting hacks, which you should perform to eliminate this Epson printer in an error state Windows 10 from your Epson printer.
Method 1: Update USB Drivers
If you connect your printer in another computer, then you can also encounter this error due to your USB drivers. In that case, you have to update your USB drivers. So, try to follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- At first, tap and hold the Windows logo key + R at the same time in order to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, you have to type devmgmt.msc, as well as press Enter to continue. If you are prompted for an administrative password to confirm, then you have to type the password as well as click on the Allow option.
- Once done, in the Device manager, you have to expand the section named Universal Serial Bus Controllers
- Now, you have to find and locate the USB port driver (usually with the name chipset and/or controller). In that case, try to ignore the drivers with names like mass storage, generic USB, etc.
- Once done, place a right-click on the USB controller driver and tap on the update driver software
- On the next window, you have to select the ‘Search automatically for updated drivers’ (connect to the internet for the latest version of the drivers).
- Wait for some time until the process completes and when done, tap on the OK option.
If this error persists after performing this process, then you have to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Clear the Printing Task as well as Restart the Printer Spooler Service
If you won’t be able to resolve this particular bug, then don’t worry. You can also get rid of this issue by cleaning the printing tasks as well as restarting the spooler service of your printer. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, tap and hold the Windows/Start Key + R at the same time to launch the Run dialog box.
- In this box, type the “services.msc” as well as hit the Enter button to continue.
- You will be able to see the Services window on your screen.
- Now, you have to scroll down to the alphabetical list, which is situated at the right window pane until you come to Entry with the name “Print Spooler“
- Once done, you have to place a right-click against this entry and tap on the Stop option. It will stop the running process which holds your printing queue.
- Once done, you have to leave the Window open for now and tap on the “Start” option again. After that, tap on the “My Computer” in order to open the Windows Explorer window.
In this way, you will be able to stop the queue service. After that, we have to just clear the jam which is there in your computer. In order to perform this action, you have to go to the print spooler folder which is situated in the Windows folders.
Some Additional Steps to Follow:
Usually, the Windows is installed on local disk C: drive. Though the main path to the spool folder is C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS, but it might happen that in your case, it is slightly different than the others. In that case, Windows may warn you that you are about to view your system files. Tap on the “View files anyway” option.
- At first, try to delete each and every file which is situated within this folder to clear the jammed print queue. You can easily do that by tapping the Ctrl and A keys together. Then, select all of the files as well as you have to tap on the Delete option to close this application.
- Once done, you have to close the Windows Explorer where you have cleared the spool files. Once done, you will be returned to the Services window.
- In that case, we will restart the Print spool service. After that, place a right-click on the Print Spool entry as well as select the “Start” tab from the list.
- Once done, you have to tap on the Close the services window and try to print again via your printer.
In this way, you will be able to troubleshoot this Epson printer in an error state Windows 10 on your own.
Method 3: Run the Troubleshooter
If you won’t be able to resolve this particular error by using the steps provided previously, then you have to follow the steps mentioned below. These are the steps using which you will be able to run the troubleshooter. Then, restart your printer driver and check for the errors. In that case, be sure that your printer is connected during this procedure.
- At first, tap on the Windows logo key + R at the same time to launch the Run dialog box.
- In the Eun dialog box, you have to type Control in the Run dialog box as well as hit Enter to continue.
- In the search box of the Control Panel, you have to type troubleshooter as well as tap on the option named Troubleshooting.
- Tap on the option “Use a Printer”, under the Hardware and Sound item.
- In case, if you are prompted to enter an administrator password as well as provide the confirmation to complete the action.
- Tap on the option named Next and now allow your troubleshooter to scan for the problems. It will automatically fix all the problems.
Once done, you will be able to troubleshoot this Epson printer in an error state Windows 10 on your own.
Method 4: Restart your Printer
In some cases, you can also overcome this error by performing a restart process with your device. In that case, you have to turn off your printer at first and remove it from the wall socket. Now, wait for sometime and plug it in back. After that, check the status of the error some times and verify whether it successfully eliminates the bug from your system.
Method 5: Check the Paper Tray
You can also check the paper tray of your printer. It may happen that there occurs some trouble to pick up the paper in the input tray. Especially, if you have installed e an all-in-one printer and can still use its other functions.
In this way, you will be able to troubleshoot this particular error with your printer in an easy way.
Hopefully, by using these hacks and tricks provided in this article, you will be able to fix this Epson printer in an error state Windows 10 bug in a quick note. In order to perform this action, you have to follow each and every step carefully. It is recommended not to jump any one of them. In case, if you found any glitches while performing these steps, then you can leave a comment in the comment section.