Epson error code 0x97 appears on Epson printers whenever a hardware malfunction occurs.
Mostly it arises due to the failure on the part of the motherboard or other interior components.
Error 0x97 may occur on Epson printer models: Epson XP-830, WF-3620, WF-7620, WF-5620, WF-4630, WF-3640 and WF-7610.
What is the Epson Error 0x97?
The Epson error code 0x97 is essentially a warning which indicates some issue with the internal hardware, mostly due to a faulty motherboard component.
Thereby, all the standard functions of the printer come to a sudden pause, hampering a seamless workflow. In most cases, the hardware may require a quick replacement. But, if the problem isn’t that grave, you can try out to troubleshoot error code 0x97.
How to Fix Epson 0x97 Error Effectively
Now that you are well aware of the essential fundamentals related to the error 0x97, proceed to the solution portion for an effective troubleshooting process.
Method 1: Unplug the Printer and then Plug it Again
The process says it all! Yes, you must begin with such inspections and connection checks, because you do not want to get stuck after completing certain critical steps and get no result. Check the primary connection to avoid skipping any possible man-made errors and mistakes. Obey the successive steps mentioned below in order to resolve the Epson error code 0x97 entirely.
- First, open the lid of the printer and check for the presence of any paper jams or any trash or paper debris. If yes, remove them gently without impacting the interior of the printer.
- Then, unload the cartridges from the Epson printer after which you must unplug the USBs along with all the cables of the printer.
- Next, you are required to interact with the Power button which releases the residual current from the printer.
- After that, plug the USB back along with other cables to the Epson printer. Then, switch On the device and inspect whether the error resurfaces.
Method 2: Unplug and Plug your Devices in an Inverse Manner
Now, this is just an inverted model of the method discussed earlier. In case the previous procedure fails to remove the Epson error 0x97, you must attempt this method successively. Walk through the following steps.
- Power Off your printer and then unplug all the cords connected to it.
- Secondly, be patient and wait for 4-5 minutes after which you must hold down the Power key for a minimum of 60 seconds. Don’t release it prior to the mentioned time limit.
- Then plug in the power cord during the time of holding down the Power button once again. Then, continue to hold it down for another 60 seconds after the insertion of the cable.
After the plugging the power cord, release the power key and inspect if the error code is still exhibiting on the Epson printer or not. Thus, you can conveniently resolve the 0x97 error.
Method 3: Cleanse all the Clogged and Blocked Epson Printer Nozzles
Another reason for the error to manifest is the wasted ink spilled around the head sprayer. For resolving this issue, you must stick to perform the following steps and resolve the Epson error code 0x97.We present the steps of cleansing the printer nozzles carefully. Be thorough in your understanding of the steps.
- First, turn Off your Epson printer and then separate the connection from the power supply and the computer.
- Then, open the lid or the casing of the Epson printer, after which, you must bring a piece of cloth and wet it by dipping it in an ammonia-based fluid meant for cleansing.
- After that, fold it in a manner that it sits perfectly under the printer head and then let it work up for twelve hours at least.
- Then, separate the towel and shut the printer lid, after the twelve-hour session, that is.
Inspect the printer’s functionality with the help of a trial session. Print any written piece or document in order to check. But, if you still receive the error, proceed to the next step.
Method 4: Troubleshoot and Install the Drivers that are Missing
This is a last resort in case you have encountered a failure with the earlier mentioned steps. Obey the underlying steps to fix the recurring error.
- Download and install the Windows Printer troubleshooter and run the program to determine the error with the assistance of the program
- Then, install the printer drivers that were removed and then click on the Windows menu. After that, choose the option that says Device Manager.
- A fresh window appears on the screen to which you must opt for the Printers option. Then, locate the printer which bears the particular issue. Right-click on it after which you must choose the option that states Update Drivers.
Finally, authenticate if the Epson error 0x97 is still present. Print a document to verify it.
Additional Methods: Epson 0x97 Fix Patch
Downloading the 0x97 Fix patch can also resolve this issue. For that, follow the steps below.
- First, Download (0x97) Fix Patch.
- Now, click on the ‘Scan’ button to run it.
- Finally, click on ‘Fix.’
This final procedure to fix error 0x97 can troubleshoot the issue entirely.
Now, you can resume all your standard functions of the printer. With these effective steps, you can easily resolve the 0x97 error and maintain the previous seamless workflow.